Friday, July 1, 2011

It's not easy being GREEN

I did it!!! I got in not only the 1.2 miles I needed last night, but pushed a little extra and got 2.2 miles in last night. I also learned something. It wasn't 150 miles that I was striving for since March 1, but 155 miles! Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would run that much EVER, let alone in 4 months!!! Now the next color to get to is BLUE and will be more of a challenge/ longer to get to b/c I need to run more than 620 miles for that one. I think if I step it up, I might be able to do that by the end of the year.

A goal has been set!

After I got home from my little run, I made some toasted tomato sandwiches with basil and miracle whip light. They were wonderful and light but the toasted bread had a little disagreement with the roof of my mouth. No matter. It was still good!!

I spent the rest of the night trying to find something good to watch and found that Thursday night tv in the summer is kind of disappointing. I ended up with Glee at 9, watched a bit of the 10pm news and then went to bed early. I figured it wouldn't hurt since I feel like I still sound like a man with all of the congestion. 

Today is a big day in the Nash Group. We have one of our own graduating!!! Today is Travis' PhD Defense day! Everyone in the group has brought breakfast stuff and after his defense we are having a lunch bbq in a park. I'm so excited for Travis but sad to see him go. I just hope that my big day isn't too far down the road...

Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun. I'm going to hit up the Farmers' Market in the morning and then Erin and I are going to get our crisp on! We are going to the small water park in Moscow to try and get some color. Don't you worry, I will be wearing plenty of my waterproof spray on SPF 70 sun screen b/c I hate being burnt!!! Hopefully I will upgrade from pale to some light shade of brown instead of lobster red!

Not really sure what's up for the rest of the weekend but I'm hoping to get another 'long' run in on Sunday. I'm not sure what long means at this point but it all depends on how I'm feeling.

Have a great Holiday Weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting 150

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go to the Moscow water park... we're going to Grangeville for their big rodeo on Saturday, but I will be available for the rest of the summer.......... (hint hint. nudge. wiggle). ;)

    ReplyDelete