Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ups & Downs

Wow! If grad school isn't an emotional roller coaster, I don't know what is! Last night, it was my turn to present my research from the last month. I can't say that it was a stellar performance and I didn't present everything I've been working on b/c I didn't want to bore everyone, since the organic was going to do that enough. But it ended up seeming like I did next to nothing in a month's time. Poop on toast!

I walked to my car, talking to my Mom of my woes and she couldn't make me feel better. I went home and ate a frozen block of food and still not feeling better, which left me with 2 points left for the day. I really wanted to run to make me feel better but knew that my body wouldn't be happy with me and that I need to do less so I have enough strength to finish my leg of the 100K strong. So, at 8:30 I drove to the Papa Murphy's which is essentially in my driveway and bought some of their cookie dough! I should would have walked but it was raining. I came home and ate my cookie dough with a cup of tea while watching Idol, and then my tummy hurt! Not such a good plan. I ended up falling asleep on the couch til almost 11, woke up, got ready for bed and actually went to sleep in my bed.

I got up this morning feeling rested but with a pit in my stomach. I knew I was going to have to talk to my boss and felt like the end of the world was near. I put my head down and started my pH measurements and just before lunch saw I had an email from the boss saying we needed to talk. I ate my lunch in silence and then went to see him. *cue the Death March* I ended up talking to him for over an hour and I feel better about everything. The next week will decide how I proceed with the remainder of my PhD, but doing synthesis for others to test the ligands isn't the end of the world.

Since I'm feeling better about life, here's a beautiful tidbit! :) Off to the gym tonight. Planning on doing a nice easy 5K to prepare for the race on Sunday!
M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold
Isn't he dreamy?! Look at those arms! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment