Friday, April 22, 2011

Furry Children Friday #3

Good morning! It is not snowing and it's actually sunny today. That is good news considering the weather we've had this week.

Last night I did a hill workout on the treadmill b/c my piece of crap ipod had a dead battery. I ended up doing 4.88 miles in an hour and then went to my BOSU Abs class. I got a delicious drink from the Ecowell machine (lemonade, cranberry, apple, recovery stuff) that didn't even make it to my car from walking from the gym. I came home and made dinner. On Tuesday, I roasted a chicken in a cooking bag with lemon juice and rosemary and last night was the first time I was able to sit down and try it! I paired it will brussel sprouts b/c I'm addicted to them and my chai tea latte as my recovery drink!


I sat down and watched the rest of AI, which I didn't watch it the night before, but results shows are always suspenseful. Then I waited for CSI and it was a rerun, so I watched Grey's. It could have been a rerun but since I don't usually watch it, it was a good show. I watched the 10pm news and put cream on Heif and cleaned his ears and went to bed.

Now on to FCF, I though we could check in on Heif and see how he's healing. His hair is still kinda spotty, but it's growing back in! The hair around some of his over patches is falling out b/c I think the crusties killed the hair follicle. But I guess the overall message is that he's getting better, even if he's cost me a small fortune in getting him where he is now. Poor kid! Here are some update pictures.
Still patchy, but getting better

Do you see his foot in the bowl he's cleaning?

I think he's smiling, but his head is patchy...

Lastly, I made a Hungry Girl Egg Mug for breakfast and wanted to share!

Ingredients: 2 handfuls of spinach, few tbps of chopped mushrooms and green onions, 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge, 1/2 c. liquid egg substitute, non-stick spray, mug.

Spray the mug, add veggies and microwave for 2 mins. Add egg and microwave for 1 min, stir. Add cheese microwave for 1 min stir. Enjoy! And it's only 3 points! Woo breakfast!



1 comment:

  1. Okay so I feel a little inappropriate posting this, given all that is going on in this blog post, but I love that you are using the ridiculously huge birthday mug I got you. :)

    ReplyDelete