Friday, April 29, 2011

Today's the day!

I think I might be too excited to work but am going to anyways. Today is the day that my weekend-ish (Friday-Tuesday) of fun/crazy begins! :) Tonight I get to see these guys at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, WA which is a 1500 person venue and it's sold out!
Lead singer of Papa Roach, Jacoby

Then, Saturday I am sleeping in/recoving from the concert tonight. Getting my stuff for Bloomsday packed and heading up to Spokane to spend the night so I don't have to drive up Sunday at the crack of morning. I'm excited to go to the Race Expo b/c I didn't go to it last year. I also get to see my old boss and his Great Pyrenees puppy! Then it's to bed early to rest up for the big day. I got put into the Blue start for the race, which is where I was last year and am going to try and get to move up b/c there are WAY too many people walking that you have to weave through if you're running. NOT COOL! My time last year was 1:56:10, so anything I do better than that will we awesome! Last year I tanked pretty hard after mile 5 and I think I will have more gas left in me this year since I've been doing longer distances. Last year, Bloomsday was only my 2nd race ever. I feel more confidant and more experienced about this one!

You can go here to check out the starting system for the race. They use chip timing which is nice b/c your time doesn't start til YOU cross the starting line and doesn't finish til YOU cross the finish line. There are people who take pictures of you while you're running too. Last year there weren't any good ones of me but maybe this year I'll be more lucky and need to buy one. I'm also going to try and take pictures while I'm running but am no where near as skilled as Skinny Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment