Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012!

I said good-bye to 2011 by going ice skating and then some tea/ dessert time with Erin on Friday night. It was super fun. We just sat there chatting and then looked at the time and it was 11:45pm! Oops! We promptly left but this was my dessert choice b/c I knew I couldn't go crazy for a while (til my birthday).

Lava cake a la mode!

NYE Day, I was a bum and layed around most of the day and didn't get out of my pjs til 4 when I took a shower to get ready for the night. My excuse was that I needed to rest up if I was going to make it past the ball drop. I'm not the night owl I used to be! But I'm not really a morning person yet either.

I met up with Erin at the bar her bf was working at and hung out til the ball drop. Another uneventful NYE in the books!

For the start of the new year, I have dedicated myself to two different challenges. First is the Food Journal, which I have started. I'm writing down my food, mood and hunger and taking pictures. I started last night with dinner since I didn't eat much during the day yesterday.

Be prepared to be bored with my food b/c I eat a lot of the same things over and over b/c I don't really get bored til it's gone or I get nightmares about it. 

Meat stew- chicken, pork, quinoa, brown rice, pasta sauce

2 egg sandwich with cheese and light miracle whip


plain greek yogurt with chia seeds and frozen raspberries

Thai style chicken and rice noodles



pretzels to fuel my workout

I'll be having meat stew for dinner.

The second challenge I signed up for is called the 'Get Healthy Challenge' that I saw on my friend Julia's facebook wall. I would say this is similar to the HBBC but less focused on working out and more about healthy choices. You earn points for fruits/ veggies, 48 oz water, no eating after 9pm... that idea. There are daily points, weekly points for weight lost/ gained/ maintained, and monthly points for inches lost. This is a 12 week challenge and you get one rest day a week. I think this is very do-able and will keep you posted.

I definitely need to do something because my next half is in 2 months and I'm up 10 lbs since I ran my last half in October. I need to get with the any program! I have had success in documenting my food before and hopefully this does the trick. I just need to stick with it and make it a habit and not just something to do when motivated. 

On another note, I went and saw 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' yesterday. Overall, I would say it's a good movie but strays from the book. I would say that the Swedish version was more accurate. I'm not a big fan of the girl that plays Lisbeth b/c she doesn't look as rough as I think she could and her "tattoo" is amazingly weak considered to the Swedish version but more like the representation from the book cover. I won't spoil it for anyone, but here are some comparison shots I found: Swedish vs. American. I definitely liked seeing Daniel Craig in this movie and look forward to the next 2 in this series.

Still of Noomi Rapace in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo    Still of Rooney Mara in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 

           

Did you sign up for any challenges?

Have you seen the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yet? Any thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED YOU ARE ON OUR TEAM!!! we will dominate!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete