Monday, January 23, 2012

Theory of a Deadman 2012

If you didn't know, I had my face rocked off on Saturday!!!

It was by far, the most fun concert experience I have had to date.

It started with the ride up to Spokane with Erin, listening to the albums, of course! Our meet and greet was scheduled to happened to start at 3:15 and we didn't know what the roads looked like so we left fairly early. We stopped and had a burger, fries and a dew at Zip's and then went to the Running Store in Spokane. I got fitted for a new pair of running shoes and learned that I need a support shoe. Good to know! I left there with a few brands/ styles in mind and will check out what Runningwarehouse.com has deals for.

We left the shoe store and had plenty of time to spare, so we wandered around the candy shop not too far from the venue. We wandered back and found some guys changing the sign to see if they knew anything about the meet and greet. They informed us that it had been moved to 6:15! Poop! We found a coffee shop to hang out in for an hour til the bar that's attached to the concert hall opened up. I had cornbread and tea and Erin had mac n cheese and a hot chocolate. Our food came out in iron skillets and was A.Mazing!!

Ma cornbread!

After our food, we went to the bar and had a drink while we still had 2 hours to wait. We chatted with the bartender that was super nice and watched basketball on tv. The time finally came when we were called for the meet n greet. 

We got to listen to the sound check and I took pictures. Then they lined us up and handed out a poster, VIP lanyard and guitar pics. Then the guys of the band went down the line signing our stuff. I had them sign my poster and two cd covers I had!! Then we got to take pictures with them.

Sound check

sound check
Me and TOADM

We had to wait in the hall for a while and this is when Erin and I bought our zip hoodies for $40!! That's a major steal in concert tshirt world. During this time, the opening band, Strike First, was doing their sound check. 

Then it was time to go back in and Erin and I scored front row center!! The best place I've been to any TOADM show yet!! Then we had to wait for an hour while every one else was let in and the music started.

Strike First is from Nashville and the guys were really good! After the show, we bought their cd and had them sign it.





Then it was Theory's turn and they did not disappoint!! They played a lot of songs from their newest album and played some stuff from the last 2, but nothing from the first album.

Tyler

Joey

Tyler

Dave, Dean, Tyler

Tyler

Tyler

It was an amazing time and I went home with a set list too!!

Have you been to any concerts lately? What bands/ people do you like?




1 comment:

  1. I am insanely jealous of your concert pics! I can never seem to get decent ones! It's been a while since I've been to a concert, but my fav is Bowling for Soup. They are hysterical and put on one of the best live shows that I have ever seen.

    Looks like you had a super time!

    ReplyDelete