Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Class

Last night, I went to the gym with all intentions of running and then lifting some weights. I went to the counter to check out a lock and saw that there were some free classes being offered over break. Last night's class that was being offered from 5:45-6:45 was Gravity Pilates. It was 5:40, so I hustled my butt upstairs and joined in.

I wasn't sure what to expect because I've heard mixed opinions about Pilates in general. That it's easy, you don't get a good workout in, or it's not worth it. One of my favorite instructors was teaching the class, so I knew it had to be good.

It ended up being a full body workout. We focused on our breathing, did legs, arms and abs! And let me tell you, I am sore today!! I was pretty surprised! I would love to take a full class, but at $37 for 8 weeks, my 2 other classes beat the bang for the buck. I will totally take another one of these free classes. Hello Thursday!
After the gym, I came home and ate dinner. 

Meat Stew


Half of these sprouts and a greek yogurt

SF Rice Pudding for "dessert"
For breakfast I had my usual egg sammy with tea.

Snack

Meat stew over greens

raspberry greek yogurt
Tonight, I'm going for my first "run with a buddy" and am going to wear these bad boys that Erin got me for Christmas.


I'll let you know how the run goes and I have a "21 random facts about me" post coming up soon. 

Is there anything you want to know about me?

Have you ever tried Gravity Pilates? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. i have never tried pilates but i am really looking to try some new things this year...especially those that will work my core! you are so brave and awesome for trying out something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to branch out and try some new cross-training things in 2012 myself. I actually "signed up" for the "New To You" Cross Training Challenge @ the site (Just) Trying is for Little Girls (http://23imaginaryfriends.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-to-you-cross-training-challenge.html)

    And I'm a fan of that yogurt as well...love the Chobani !

    ReplyDelete