Friday, December 2, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Just so you know, I feel totally left out of the whole "I'm going to Vegas to run and hang out with other bloggies" and I'm quite sad about it. Hopefully, next year it will be just as big and I will have a big girl job and can afford to go! It's on!!

On a completely different note, I have been doing something different lately. I have been weighing myself morning and night and tracking it. I figured that I need to get on top of things and am only 4 lbs away from being at pre-vacation weight. I have been good and bad about what I've eaten. The donuts have been my downfall this week. I need to get back into running as much as I was this summer but with it being dark at 4pm and cold, I feel like I'm stuck running at the track at the gym or on the treadmill. I need to stop making excuses and just get my butt out there!

With that, here are my weekend plans.

I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight but will probably involve a movie or Dateline.

Tomorrow, I am finally going to take Heif to the groomers and use the do-it-yourself grooming station, if it kills me. Heif enjoys getting a bath, so I don't think that part will be that bad. But drying a 125lb fluffy hairy dog is going to be a NIGHTMARE!!

This needs a bath!

I would like to get 10 miles in this weekend and have decided that it's ok if I break it up.

I have successfully tallied points for the HBBC, so I'm happy about that but I could totally be doing more.

I looked at the Rec center classes offered next semester and have decided on Tues/ Thurs Abs Blast and Sat. Tabata Core. This will cost me $14. I am still debating on the Mon/Wed TRX class b/c it's $32. What do you think? That would put me at the gym 5 days a week. Don't get me wrong, I would love it but would feel totally guity about missing a day since I'm paying extra for it.

What do you think?

Saturday night I have a Christmas/ Going Away party with my research group b/c my boss is going to Japan for 2 weeks and our Post Doc from France is going back home. :( She's helped me a lot over the past year! I have to go shopping b/c I'm taking a nice salad b/c it's an Italian themed dinner.

Sunday, I think I have plans to go see the Nutcracker for what I think is my first time with Laura. I'm kind of indifferent about it at this point but the tickets are free and she said I haven't lived until I've seen it.

Now to break up all of these words, here's what I've been eating this week...
Turkey and stuffing

Brussels sprouts

Homemade cranberry mush

What are you doing this weekend? 

I'm looking forward to hearing about all of the Vegas happenings from everyone! Maybe I can get a detailed description during a froyo date with Jess @ Blonde Ponytail. ;)



1 comment:

  1. You can't actually have the PhD unless you've seen the Nutcracker. Read your program requirements paperwork. It's in the fine print. ;)

    ReplyDelete