Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recovering from the Weekend

So, I'm still bummed about not being in Vegas this weekend with what seemed like everyone, but I had a busy weekend of my own.

I stayed true to form and chilled at home Friday night and I think I watched 20/20 instead of Dateline. I changed it up! Look out! It was a sad story about how foster kids are being drugged up for acting out or just being a kid. It was really sad. It made me think about maybe adopting some day, if I ever decide to have kids.

I got up bright and early Saturday morning and met Laura for breakfast. I had the traditional goulash with peri peri hot sauce and regular Abelskivers, which are little yummy pancake balls, with a side of tea (of course!).
After breakfast, I went to the post office and mailed off my Christmas presents! It was exciting and relieving to get that done and know I won't have to be fighting the crazies anymore this year.

After the post office, I went home and got Heif. I took him to the groomers and was there for an hour and a half. It was a do-it-yourself grooming and was super fun. He was good with everything but climbing the open stairs to get on the table and in the tub. I got to use all of their tools and shampoo. We even sprayed him down with stuff to make him shiny and smell extra nice! After being blow dried, he was all FLUFFY and smelled AMAZING (compared to what he smelled like when we arrived)!
When we got home, I relaxed and watched some football and eventually headed out to Winco to buy some things for all of the events that I have going on this week. I needed a salad and the fixins for the dinner party Saturday night, carrots and dip for a research proposal defense and apple cider to mull for a holiday floor party. I did good with my list, came home, put my salad together and went to the dinner.  It was a nice evening but I called it quits about 8:30 b/c I was tired from the long day.

I went to bed about 11  and set my alarm for 8:30 b/c the gym opens at 9 on Sunday. I unfortunately didn't roll my butt out of bed til 10 and then got ready, turned the tv on and the Steelers were actually on tv out here! I sat and watched til they were up 21-0 and decided that was a good time to go to the gym. I got 4 miles in, which wasn't the 10 I was after for the weekend but it's better than the 1 mile I did without my headphones earlier in the week. 

I'm doing better on my HBBC points but not nearly as good as if it was during the summer. With that in mind, I made a turkey and cabbage soup in the crockpot with carrots and V8 as the liquid. It was quite yummy! While this was cooking, I went to see the Nutcracker with Laura and then had some appetizers with her and some girl friends. 
The program

Not the best seats...
When I got home, this was ready for me and I had a small bowl.
Nice and steamy!

While I was waiting for my soup to cool, I put some apple cider on the stove with a sachet of mulling spices to simmer. It smells amazing and I'm looking forward to trying some!
Mulled cider!

After being domestic and having a crazy weekend, I went to bed but must have been channeling my fellow runners/bloggers because I had a case of the DOIDs!! What is that you ask? Delayed Onset Intestinal Distress! I think my GI track was angry at my for starting back running, so maybe that the 10 miles that didn't happen this weekend was a good thing!

What did you do this weekend? Anything fun? Anyone else sad they weren't in Vegas too?

1 comment:

  1. awwww! i missed you in Vegas but it sounds like you had an epic weekend yourself with lots of fun events and yummy food!