Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week of Blah

Ever since I've come down from my runner's high on Sunday from PRing my 10 mile distance, I have felt like a big giant pile of blah. It seems like I've been super tired and unmotivated to really do anything. This is not good b/c my house looks like there was an explosion inside of it and I need to get on that ASAP!

Last night, I fell asleep during my Research Group meeting, had a very nutritious dinner of chips and salsa and strawberry pie and whipped cream. Then I spent the rest of the night in and out of sleep with the tv on and ended up relocating to my bed about 10:30 and then slept through the night. I woke up and was dragging my butt all morning at school. I don't know if I'm catching a "summer" cold or my body is on strike from the long run?

Has anything like this ever happened to you after a long run? Suggestions as to how to snap out of this blahness?

I'm hoping to get a run in tonight depending on how I'm feeling and the weather but I think if I hit the small loop it might perk me back up to normal. I will keep you posted.

I'm super excited about Friday night b/c my friend Laura's band is having their debut performance at the Moscow Artwalk. I'm excited to see her and "the band" that that I've been hearing so much about! I have finally ejected my memory card for my camera out of my computer, so I promise to post pictures after the big night!

Mission Anti-blah has now commenced!

1 comment:

  1. It does sound as if your body is trying to tell you to slow down. It may be a combo of the run on top of everything else. Take a few light workouts and get to bed a bit early over the next few days. You should feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete