Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Festivities

First of all, I would like to thank SkinnyRunner for having me as a Cat Lady Blog today!! Second, I would like to welcome all of you new readers to my blog. I might be nerdy but I'm definitely not serious all the time!

                                   
I am still not fully recovered from my Streppy weekend but I am feeling better. I think I know that the giant antibiotics the size of my pinky are working for two reasons. I am feeling better and I think most of my good bacterias are gone. How do I know this you ask? It's b/c my girly bits are ANGRY from all of the good bacterias being gone. When I realized this yesterday, I promptly stopped at the Safeway on the way home and stocked up on yogurt!

                                 

I'm still living off of the 'I still don't have an appetite from being sick' feeling and ended up having 2 yogurt cups and some jalapeno cheese focasia (sp?) bread for dinner. I was doing this while plopped on the couch drinking a lovely cup of tea with my newest friend, Fat Free Half & Half, and I watched BL and Parenthood. How did I not know that FF H&H exsisted?! I think I read about it somewhere and then hunted it down on my last shopping trip, which was before the plague hit.

So that was my night. Today, I'm supposed to be working on my journal article but can't focus on being nerdy b/c there are SOOOOO many hits on my blog that my OCD needs to keep checking where the number is at. EEEK!! :)

Tonight, my plans are to get my bird stuffed and cooking in the oven and then going to see Breaking Dawn again with Erin b/c we were told that there was a part AFTER THE CREDTIS!!!! Why did I not know about this part? It wasn't on facebook or any of the blogs I read that went to see it! Hence, we are going again to sit through the 2 hour movie to see what the clip after the credits is all about. This is nothing compared to the at least 4 times we saw the first movie. I can totally see it twice and not bat an eye.

                          

Tomorrow, I'm going to Erin's parents for Thanksgiving. Not sure what I'm taking yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something. I'm excited about having my own turkey leftovers. I don't think there is anything better than turkey leftovers! I even bought fresh Brussels sprouts and cranberries to make something delicious. Not sure what that something is yet, but it's gonna be good. The only sad thing about tomorrow is that I have to leave this sad sack at home.
                               
The cats could care less if and how long I'm gone as long as they have food and water. Thanks Cats!

Also, today before I go home, I'm hitting up the Walmart.com and making my Furry Kids Christmas card!! Yes. I'm a dork. Yes. I Christmas shop year round. And yes I have about 92% of my Christmas presents wrapped already! But I don't feel like decorating yet. Weird? Possibly.

I would like to say that I'm going to get a run in tomorrow b/c I haven't done anything since HBBC started on Saturday b/c I got my plague Friday night. I'm hoping to at least take my running clothes and maybe get a few miles in in between the Packers game and Turkey time. There's a Turkey Trot about 30 mins south of me but it's a relay and I have no one to relay with, so not doing that one.

What does your Turkey Day look like? Busy cooking all day or have time in the morning for a local Turkey Trot?


Have fun! What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

  1. My turkey day looks like a potluck with coworkers and snow on the ground! Very exciting actually...

    I am thankful for being married to the love of my life and my little english bulldog Buoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I saw you on SR's blog, and thought I just had to stop by, because I am also fighting my way through a degree in chemistry (just undergrad right now for me, though) and am attempting to become a runner. We must be over-achievers because we picked the two most pain in the butt things to do with our lives! (kidding...kind of)

    Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, linked over from SR.
    I am down in CA but my family is in Ellensburg and the Tri Cities.
    Keep up the good work, I know it's hard to stay motivated running up there w/the cold winters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked from SR too!

    Lets see my turkey day was wonderful ... relaxing actually ... I really was only responsible for the sides and that was not hard ... had a beautiful walk on the beach in sunny LA ... spending time with my sister and my family is pure happiness to me ... the 3 turkey my brother in law made were simply perfection and this is from a non-turkey lover ...

    I am going to try to do a Turkey Trot next year ... so far the Thanksgiving break has been the best!

    ReplyDelete