So, since November started, I have decided to be good and not eat as much crap and get back on the workout wagon. As of this morning, I am down 3.2 lbs in 11 days! I'm proud of that. Now I just need to keep it up!
Back to the title of this post, I wanted to list 5 things that I'm loving lately...
1. iHeart radio. I have heard about this in the past but didn't really know what it was. After talking to Mom and Sandy this morning while making breakfast, I have dl'ed the app on my phone and have been listening to it at work all day b/c I'm back to writing. I HAVE to get this paper done so I can move on to other things. I have made the following stations: Hollywood Undead, Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold and Adelitas Way. I also REALLY like the Top 20 Rock songs station!!
In my opinion, this is WAAAAY better than Pandora or Spotify b/c it's free and commercial free from what I've heard so far. I would totally check it out if I were you.
2. Aspaeris Pivot Shorts. I received these babies on Monday and promptly wore them to the gym twice this week. They are quite snug and being a previous volleyball player send me back to visions of high school minus the wedgies. They are longer than vb shorts and seem to give your legs and tush a hug or nice squeeze. They are designed and marketed to reduce the probability of girls getting ACL injuries. Since I was too late for that and tore mine in high school, I am looking forward to seeing how they work out for me.
3. Unicorn Hair Shirt. Otherwise known as 26.2 Apparel's Women's short sleeve Classic Running Performace Tee in black/pink. I think if it wasn't sweaty, I would sleep in this shirt! It's amazingly soft and I am not dripping with sweat when I'm done running b/c it does a great job of wicking.
4. Spaghetti squash. Last week, I was proud of myself for trying something new and cooking a spaghetti squash. I ate some over turkey chili and then was stumped what to do with the rest b/c one squash makes A LOT of "noodles". I borrowed a recipe from my friend Kara and jazzed it up with cheese and made this masterpiece!
|squash, onion, garlic, parmasian cheese(sp?), salt and pepper|
5. Shellac polish. Last Friday, Erin and I got our nails done. We went with this new-ish polish called Shellac or Gel polish. The awesome thing about it is that it comes in many different colors and is guaranteed to last at least 14 days, where a regular manicure is only guaranteed for 2 days. Also, since I work with chemicals all the time, normal polish would be eaten off even with gloves on.
The bad-ish thing is that it cost $30 for the mani and they use UV lights to "cure" the polish on. That's why it lasts to long b/c it's baked on. Also, they can't get any polish on your cuticles or they will hurt them. This means that it looks like your polish has grown out a lot in a little amount of time, but I think I can get over this.
It has been a week and they still look good!