Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Things Friday

It's Friday!! Happy Veteran's Day to all of those brave souls who have risked everything for us for so long! At least go to Applebee's and get your free meal! :) You deserve it!

So, since November started, I have decided to be good and not eat as much crap and get back on the workout wagon. As of this morning, I am down 3.2 lbs in 11 days! I'm proud of that. Now I just need to keep it up!

Back to the title of this post, I wanted to list 5 things that I'm loving lately...

1. iHeart radio. I have heard about this in the past but didn't really know what it was. After talking to Mom and Sandy this morning while making breakfast, I have dl'ed the app on my phone and have been listening to it at work all day b/c I'm back to writing. I HAVE to get this paper done so I can move on to other things. I have made the following stations: Hollywood Undead, Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold and Adelitas Way. I also REALLY like the Top 20 Rock songs station!!
In my opinion, this is WAAAAY better than Pandora or Spotify b/c it's free and commercial free from what I've heard so far. I would totally check it out if I were you.

                                                     iHeartRadio

2. Aspaeris Pivot Shorts. I received these babies on Monday and promptly wore them to the gym twice this week. They are quite snug and being a previous volleyball player send me back to visions of high school minus the wedgies. They are longer than vb shorts and seem to give your legs and tush a hug or nice squeeze. They are designed and marketed to reduce the probability of girls getting ACL injuries. Since I was too late for that and tore mine in high school, I am looking forward to seeing how they work out for me.

                                                   Aspaeris Pivot Shorts Prevent ACL Injury To Women
                                                     http://www.aspaerispivotshorts.com/

3. Unicorn Hair Shirt. Otherwise known as 26.2 Apparel's Women's short sleeve Classic Running Performace Tee in black/pink. I think if it wasn't sweaty, I would sleep in this shirt! It's amazingly soft and I am not dripping with sweat when I'm done running b/c it does a great job of wicking.

4. Spaghetti squash. Last week, I was proud of myself for trying something new and cooking a spaghetti squash. I ate some over turkey chili and then was stumped what to do with the rest b/c one squash makes A LOT of "noodles". I borrowed a recipe from my friend Kara and jazzed it up with cheese and made this masterpiece!
squash, onion, garlic, parmasian cheese(sp?), salt and pepper
It was quite yummy but beware if I eat too much of it... :)

5. Shellac polish. Last Friday, Erin and I got our nails done. We went with this new-ish polish called Shellac or Gel polish. The awesome thing about it is that it comes in many different colors and is guaranteed to last at least 14 days, where a regular manicure is only guaranteed for 2 days. Also, since I work with chemicals all the time, normal polish would be eaten off even with gloves on. 
The bad-ish thing is that it cost $30 for the mani and they use UV lights to "cure" the polish on. That's why it lasts to long b/c it's baked on. Also, they can't get any polish on your cuticles or they will hurt them. This means that it looks like your polish has grown out a lot in a little amount of time, but I think I can get over this.

It has been a week and they still look good!

Don't judge the sausage fingers!
That's about it for me. What are you up to this weekend? I'm hoping to get my first COLD Long run in this weekend. Wish me luck! If it goes bad, you will definitely be hearing about it on twitter and fb and then on here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment