Monday, September 5, 2011

Burnt to a Crisp

Since it is a holiday on a Monday, you can guess that I am at work and have been like it wasn't a holiday. The joys of being a grad student! Yay! :) But it's not so bad. I feel good b/c I think I made some headway on my paper. I have turned it into my Post Doc to see if she thinks it's complete crap or not. I will let you know.

Friday, I was pretty boring and just hung out at home. There was nothing on tv, so I worked on reading the latest Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book.
Sisterhood Everlasting : The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares - unabridged compact discs

So far, it's very good. I feel like I've grown up along side these girls and I'm glad that Ann Brashares has written another installment of the series. 
I ended up going to bed early. Lame.

Saturday: I woke up early and Laura and I went to the Farmers' Market. It was so nice being back there after missing the last couple of weeks. I got a chocolate croissant,  3 ears of corn, some plums and nectarines and 2 zucchini, all for $12 that I had in my pocket. Not bad for a market trip. On the way home, Laura and I stopped at Winco for a few things. I'm trying to limit my food buying since I only have a week left to eat all of the food that is perishable. I got a melon, greek yogurt, ground turkey, a can of crushed pineapple, and a few other things that are escaping me at the moment, but I spent all of $11 so it wasn't a big purchase.

I dropped Laura off and headed home. I hung out a load of clothes and put my shopping away. I took a nap and then I made a dump cake with berry pie filling instead of cherry and used funfetti cake instead of just white for a BBQ I went to. I saw the invite on facebook from on of the Palouse Road Runners and thought it would be a good way to meet new people and people who are possibly running the 1/2 marathon with me next weekend. It ended up being a good time and I got home about 11.

Sunday: I woke up at 8 and decided that was too early and rolled over til about 10. I got up and decided that I was gonna go for a run. I decided to try a route I've been meaning to do for a while now. I'm calling it the Perimeter of Pullman. I set off about 11ish and it ended up being 10 miles til I got home. I was smart enough to put sunscreen on my face but neglected my arms and sensitive parts. This resulted in me being very red and having some lovely new tan lines. I will spare you the pictures. I didn't do this route very fast b/c there were alot of hills and it was quite hot about an hour in. It took me 2:30 to make it home. Needless to say, I walked A LOT and ran out of water about mile 8 but found a water fountain to fill up, but there was a gas station near by that I could have stopped at too. 
After my run, I drank a lot of water and added this lovely to the mix.
You all might like chocolate milk to recover with, but I like pink milk (strawberry syrup)!

Then I fell into a run coma on the couch for a while and remembered my recovery socks! Duh! They were quite lovely after I was able to squeeze my sausage legs into them! I layed around some more and eventually got changed into some clean, dry workout clothes b/c I had my TRX class at the Rec Center tonight. I got there and was ready to go but it turns out that the instructor was sick and called in at the last minute so there was no replacement. All who showed got a free pass to one class. Not sure what I'm going to use it on yet.

I came home and grabbed my free bottles of win from the bottling adventure and headed across the street to my new neighbors. We ended up drinking one of the bottles and I sat and chatted til midnight. I was surprised at the time but was also wondering why I was so tired! Yes, I'm blonde! Thanks! :)  I went home and passed out. 

It was a good weekend!

T-8 days til I go home!! T-19 days til the Akron 1/2 Marathon!!! *squeal*

What are you up to today? Any good BBQ's?

Anyone run this weekend?

Want to help me drink my 2 bottles of free wine that is left? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment