Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Since Blogger is fighting me... This is my costume this year! It almost didn't happen! I got the package with my jersey ay 4:33pm on Saturday and practically tackled the mail man from happiness!

I was able to be Troy and went to Laura's party and had a great time. I have more pictures to show you other people's costumes but of course I left it at home. Instead, I'm working on Concert Day 2 for you after this quickie Halloween post.

After the party Saturday night, (no libations on my part) I had the 2nd Annual Run for your Life 5K that is a fundraiser for the WSU Women's Light Crew. I didn't win anything for my speediness *Cough* or my Troy Polamalu costume, but I did win a snazzy mug as a door prize. Prizes are always welcomed!

I came home from the race and decided that I wanted to make chili in the crockpot for dinner. I didn't have everything so I went and got the goods and got the slow cooker working it's magic. While this was going down, I had my first stab at making a Spaghetti Squash. It was amazingly easy and I had it with my chili for lunch today! AMAZING!!

One half of the innards gone.



                                     
One squash gives you a lot of "noodles"





































After I got my cooking urges out of the way, I went to campus and helped carve pumpkins for the General Chemistry classes that do some nerdy stuff with them, like make them spit fire or ooze foam! I carved my 2 pumpkins and got my seeds that I was mainly after and came home. I sat down with a cup of tea and watched "Once Upon a Time" and "The Good Wife" and graded lab reports like a good TA. The Sunday 10pm time slot didn't have much to offer, so I went to bed early. Tonight I have to proctor an Organic Chemistry exam and am dressed up b/c I told my students that I would. Did you dress up at work today?












2 comments:

  1. LOVE that you dressed up and your costume is totally awesome!!!! i wish i had dressed up today...dang it. haha!

    ReplyDelete