Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rock Vegas - Day 1

I'm sorry I've fallen off of the planet but September was a busy month for me! But I got to finish it out right by going to the Rock Vegas festival at Mandalay Bay and I got to spend it with Erin, whom I haven't seen since I moved away from Pullman.

The smaller stage ended up being outside in a parking lot and was crazy hot, 90+ degrees. It turned out that we could have taken drinks unlike last year but we learned for day 2.

Mindset Evolution
Mindset Evolution was a good band with some good music and lyrics but lacked the Rockstar looks. But they are very much coming into their own still.

Deuce and his Mask
Deuce was again disappointing as he was on the Uproar Tour I saw in Pittsburgh. He is a very thin framed guy and has incredibly large perfect teeth for someone that spits lyrics of his kind. I was kind of unnerved that he did some Hollywood Undead songs but he probably wrote them so legally he can. It just wasn't nearly as good as the HU guys!

Deuce and his horse teeth

Redlight King
Redlight King was very good and sounded just as they do on the radio. It was good to see them live and I look forward to what they do in the future!

Redlight King

Fozzy
Chris Jericho and Fozzy were again entertaining and fun to listen to. At the end of their set, the guitarist threw an amp/ speaker into the crowd which was soon to be demolished by the idiots that were most likely pushing people like bumbling idiots do.

P.O.D.
It was a joy to finally see P.O.D. live. They were on a previous Uproar tour that I was at but were the closing act on the small stage when A7X was closing on the big stage, so we left early to get a good spot on the big stage. They had a really long set which I enjoyed but made us late getting inside for Adelitas Way. They seem older but haven't lost anything when it comes to entertaining.

P.O.D.
Inside...

Adelitas Way
As I was saying, we got inside late and AW had already started their set but we got to see most of it. They never disappoint and at the end, Rick even crowd surfed! It's exciting to see him being back in Chippendale shape!

Rick is back in Chippendale shape!

Hellyeah
Hellyeah's singer seemed to fall back into his Mudvayne roots and was overly screamy for me and I couldn't wait for the set to be over, even with songs that I knew. I guess they lost the country vibe they were rocking last time I saw them.

Staind
Aaron Lewis and Staind again blew me away and he did an acoustic song that the end of the set that made me melt! Boy that man can sing!!!!

Aaron Lewis of Staind

Godsmack
I don't think it's possible for Godsmack to do a bad show, especially when Sully hops on a drum kit and does dueling drum kits with Shannon the drummer! 


Sully of Godsmack

Brent and Zach of Shinedown
I have loved seeing Shinedown every time I've had the chance! I don't know if I'm biased b/c I love their music or incredibly proud of how far they've come and all of the extra pyro and confetti that they can do now during shows!! Towards the end of the set, Brent and Zach walked to a small stage and performed most of 'Simple Man' acoustically!! It was great!!!

Brent looking good!
                                      


lean and limber!

Brent and Eric

Overall, the first day of Rock Vegas was awesome! I was a little sad that I didn't like any of the merch and hence did not buy anything but it was still a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment