Friday, April 20, 2012

Finished Ch. #3 and a Relay

Hello All!!

It turns out that this whole trying to get out of grad school and moving on to the next step in life is a lot of work and is very tiring. Let me try and catch you up with things since I've been away...

Holy crap! I just looked and it's been over 2 weeks since I've blogged! I'm very sorry!! I have more catching up to do than I had thought. Put your seat belts on b/c this is gonna be a long one!!

Let's back up to last week...

I flew from Spokane, WA to Columbus,OH on April 10 which was a whole day adventure and 2 flights. I got into town a bit early and took a cab to my hotel. I met up with a friend from high school and his wife and we went to an Italian place called Bravo! It was pretty good. I had a penne dish with some lobster bisque. They get me every time with that lobster goodness!! After dinner, I went back to my room and fought to go to sleep due to the 3 hour time change. I was essentially forcing myself to go to bed at 8pm which is a sin in my eyes!! It was hard but I was finally able to nod off.

After waking up a few times in the night in a panic that I had slept in, I was up by 6am to get ready for my big day. I wore my fancy big girl pants and shoes, but sadly I forgot to take a picture. I had a lovely free waffle breakfast at my hotel and was sad to find that they didn't have any fake scrambled eggs so my protein quotient went down for the morning. I hailed a cab to the place, which was just up the road and sat for a half an hour b/c my OCD of being late got the best of me.

I met with the HR lady, the lady I interviewed with in SD and then did an exercise called a 'work sample' for them to get an idea of my knowledge. I went to lunch in the on-site cafeteria with 3 current employees and had an awesome salmon burger and seasoned fries for less than $5!! That's amazing for lunch!! I had a Mtny Dew b/c I knew I was going to need a boost for the afternoon.

After lunch, I met with another Dept. Manager b/c I was apparently interviewing with 2 Departments. I also met with the head hauncho lady manager of the whole division and then more Dept. Managers from the other department. I got my things and hopped in the taxi that was waiting for me to go back to the airport.

I changed into normal clothes in the airport bathroom. Very classy, I know!! Went through security, secured a giant tea from Starbucks and then sat and waited for my flight, that was not for another 2 hours. Better early than sorry.

We finally boarded the plane and the pilot came on that there was a hydrolic issue and we needed to wait for a mechanic to come over to fix it before we could take off. This took over an hour! Luckily, I had over an hour layover in Phoenix and should make my connection to Spokane on time. I sat next to a very lovely lady and we chatted most of the 4 hour flight. We finally landed and I bolted off the plane b/c I had a connection and ran to my gate. They were just finishing up boarding, so I had made it!!

I got on the plane to Spokane and got to sit behind a hoard of high school girls that were coming back from a school trip to Mexico somewhere. Let me tell you! I don't miss the days of being in high school and for all of the teachers out there that put up with these kids every day... you need some kind of medal of honor! I was close to hauling off and verbally assaulting the twits in front of me. After about a half hour, they finally went to sleep b/c it was after their bed time and I was able to enjoy the 2 hour plane ride in peace.

The rest of the trip was smooth sailing.

This past Monday, I received a call from the HR lady, asking me if I was still interested in the position. I tried not to squeal with excitement at her and said I was of course interested and she said she would get the background check paperwork going and to expect to hear from her in a week.

This news started a flurry in my mind and I started some serious looking for places to live in Columbus. I have found about 20 houses that Heif and I could live in and possibly a little brother for Heif. With this advancement, I contacted a Mortgage Lender in Columbus to get the ball rolling for pre-approval of a home loan. I've exchanged many emails and signatures this week and am all ready to go.

All I need now is my official OFFER LETTER!!!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

In running news, I will be participating in the WSU 100K Relay on Sunday and am doing Leg #3 instead of #8 that I did last year. I have 7.9 miles all downhill. I'm thinking it will be pretty easy but I'm not looking forward to recovering from that many miles downhill.

Super good luck to the SoCal Relayers this weekend!! I'm totally not ready for anything as hardcore as that but it seems like lots of fun!!

Sorry for boring you with all this jibberish... but I didn't have any pictures to show you from the past few weeks.

OH! I also submitted Chapter #3 to my boss for corrections. Only 2.5 chapters left to go! I'm considering the Conclusions chapter only a half b/c I'm not the extremely verbose type!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment